List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: linux suitability -- mysql
From:       Van <vanboers () server ! dedserius ! com>
Date:       1999-08-01 2:55:16

Jonathan,
I'd love to do a FreeBSD, but, even as a devout Slackware user for 4
years, I've just gotten too much accomplished.  I think there's much to be
shared by the Slackware and FreeBSD partisans.

But, for now, there's very little incentive to pursue this.  I have the
superior Linux distribution from the server's perspective with the
possible exception of where the powers that be take the GNU libs.

And, the desktop rocks.

It's not easy to set up the first time, but, is that really what's
important?

Not for me, anyway.  I could give two sh|ts about my desktop, as long as
the server is secure and doing it's job.  The rest is all minutia.

Regards,
Van
BTW, I do run other distributions, but, Slackware is always production
where it counts.
Linux rocks!!!   http://www.dedserius.com