List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: OT: Generating graphs for web pages
From:       Sasha Pachev <sasha () direct1 ! com>
Date:       1999-06-30 18:35:59

Colin McKinnon wrote:

> I know it's a bit off-topic, but does anyone know of Unix / Linux programs
> which can be used to produce graphs in JPG / GIF format?
>
> (Preferably without using PERL 'cos I've not my DBI/DBD stuff sorted yet)
>
> cheers
>
> Colin

Generating a GIF has nothing to do with DBI - all you need to do is set
the pixels in the right place. GD library is a great tool to do it, can
recall the URL off the top of my head, but pretty sure you can find it
at http://www.freshmeat.net . It plugs into PHP, should be pretty easy
to make it work, although I've never done it myself. I've used it with
Perl and C - works great.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)