List:       mysql
Subject:    mysql: Accessing UNIX MySQL from Windows
From:       Michael Widenius <monty () monty ! pp ! sci ! fi>
Date:       1998-07-31 23:07:45

>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey Lynn Jeffries <jeffries@ns1.schleprock.com> writes:

Jeffrey> I have looked through the documentation and have not found a mention of
Jeffrey> this (yet, at least).  I would like to write Windows client software that
Jeffrey> will access a remote UNIX MySQL database server via TCPIP.  Is there a
Jeffrey> MySQL C API (and the appropriate functions) for Windows that will do this?
Jeffrey> I assume it would be using ODBC?  A pointer to the manual/documentation
Jeffrey> will be more than adequate (to preserve bandwidth of this list).

Jeffrey> Thanks!

You can use libmysql.dll for this ;  Download the MySQL win32 clients
and check out the example code.

Note that the C API is identical as the Unix C API so you can
take a look at the source of any of the MySQL clients!

Regards,
Monty