List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: mysql: Doesen't mount TCP connection
From:       "Eric Prud'hommeaux" <eric () w3 ! org>
Date:       1998-07-31 16:13:19

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, alessandro Fiorenzi wrote:

> Hi, I am new of mysql, I tryed to install on Sparc with RedHat 4.2. All
> seems to be ok, but when I write "mysqladmin vesrion"  display this
>

> mysqladmin  Ver 6.9 Distrib 3.21.31, for unknown-linux-gnu on sparc
> TCX Datakonsult AB, by Monty
>
> Server version		3.21.31-log
> Protocol version	10
> Connection		Localhost via UNIX socket
> UNIX socket		/tmp/mysql.sock
> Uptime:			1 min 55 sec
>
> Running threads: 1  Questions: 19  Opened_tables: 7  Reloads: 2  Open tables: 0
>

> but there is no TCP port why? Is there anyone can solve my problem?

"mysqladmin version" defaults to using a unix socket (in this case,
/tmp/mysql.sock) for connections to localhost. If you want to force it to
use TCP/IP, you can use "mysqladmin -h <your host name> version". You will
probably need to supply a user and password if you do this:
mysqladmin -h <hostname> -u <user> -p version

-eric