List:       mysql
Subject:    mysql: mysql/DBI:"can't resolve symbol 'mysql_real_connect'
From:       etherl <etherl () io ! com>
Date:       1998-03-31 23:08:55

Previously running MySQL 3.20.29 (binary realease) on Linux 2.0.33
(slackware), with DBI and Mysql-modules manually installed from CPAN
(DBI 0.93, Msql-Mysql-modules v.1.1827).  All scripts use connect strings
of the fashion:

  use DBI;
  $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:foodb:localhost");

which worked fine.

Upon installing MySQL 3.21.28-gamma (source release) on same host, all
MySQL function appears to work fine, but all perl scripts now report
"can't resolve symbol 'mysql_real_connect'".

I noticed that the version of Msql-Mysql-Modules included with the source
release is a little older (.002 reviosions), so I tried re-installing the
CPAN version.  No difference.

I have looked around for old header files or object files that may be
interefering with the 'make' on the perl modules, but can't seem to locate
any.

Does anyone have any hints of what else I need to be looking for?