List:       mysql
Subject:    mysql: cant connect to mysql server (146)
From:       Michael Widenius <monty () analytik ! analytikerna ! se>
Date:       1998-03-30 17:07:32

>>>>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan Ruano <kobalt@james.encomix.es> writes:

Jonathan> Hello:

Jonathan> A breakdown on our system has forced me to accelerate the migration from
Jonathan> 3.20.32a to 3.21.25-gamma. I had the new client version programs ready,
Jonathan> so I thought it wouldnt be very painful, but...

Jonathan> Some applications (in other machines), have been successfully upgraded.
Jonathan> I took into account the change of protocol version (and port), but one
Jonathan> application cant connect to the sql server.

Jonathan> I get a Can't connect to mysql server on <machine> (146).

Jonathan> I cant find on dox where the list of return codes are located, and
Jonathan> cant figure out where to look at... Any help would be appreciated.
Jonathan> Thanks.

All error codes in () are usually system error codes.
The MySQL utility 'perror' gives a description of the above error for
your OS.  On Solaris:

shell> perror 146
Connection refused

If this is the case your TCP/IP port is probably wrong!

Yours,
Monty