List:       mysql
Subject:    mysql: ODBC problem
From:       Damian Hamill <damian () cablenet ! net>
Date:       1997-09-30 20:16:49

I've got a problem that's driving me nuts.

I developed an application in C++Builder using a database on a server
running 3.20.19.

I'm now trying to use the application using a server running 3.20.29 and
before that 3.20.16.  I keep getting an error "field <fieldname> is not
of the expected type".  I've upgraded the ODBC driver to 1.0.19 but stil
the same problem.

I've now discovered that it is probably due to the values in the fields
in that some piece of software (probably Borlands stupid BDE) is
interpreting the values in the field, even though it is a char field and
deciding that the value represents something else so must be wrong.

Typical windows programmer error message gives you absolutely no
information other than the bare minimum (the field name).

Anyone come across this before ?

Any ideas how I can find out which value is causing the problem.

Anyone know if I can turn this stupid interpretation off.

regards
damian

--
*    Damian Hamill   M.D.       damian@cablenet.net