List:       mysql
Subject:    mysql: Compiling MySQL on an HP9000/735
From:       cdann <cdann () netlink ! com ! au>
Date:       1997-06-30 18:22:06

Has anybody managed to compile MySQL on an HP box ?
I am attempting to compile MySQL on an HP 9000/735 box with HPUX V 9.03.
I have installed an HP port of GCC 2.7.2.1 on the machine and Posix
threads.  The inital system profiling appears to complete ok but the
make file crashes out each time before it starts.  I can hack the
makefile in an attempt to get things to compile and much of it does but
it still will not get all the way through it appears to be unable to
find some library files ?. There are areas of the make file I do not
understand such as what does '.include' do ?  What is are the
appropriate library versions for My SQL.  If anyone can offer some
assistance I would be very appreciative.

Regards
Chris Dann