List:       mysql
Subject:    mysql: AIX pthread
From:       <monty () tcx ! se>
Date:       1997-06-30 11:15:28

>>>>> "mysq" == mysq  <mysql@lom.camcom.it> writes:

mysq> Hello ,
mysq> yes i know is silly but i have't enough time than ,
mysq> i have a small problem , the configure don't find
mysq> my thread libs ( i have libdcethreads.a libpthread
mysq>  and the kernel libc.a for thread !!!sob!!!) under AIX.
mysq> How can pass it to the configure ? (and how disallow the mit-thread) ?
mysq> If someone already do that .. .please contact me

mysq> bye manfred

mysq> ps. I think the DCE-thread is the best way , I read someone made it
mysq>     please send me a copy :-)

You must get automake and autoconf to fix this!

In configure.in, line 214:

if test "$with_mit_threads" = "no"
then
  AC_CHECK_LIB(pthread, pthread_create)
  AC_CHECK_LIB(thread, thr_setconcurrency)
fi

Here you should change 'pthread' to your library which contains
pthread_create (pthread, dcethreads or c).

At line: 414

  if test "$ac_cv_lib_pthread_pthread_create" = "no" \
   -o "$with_mit_threads" = "yes"

Should be changed to something like:

  if test "$ac_cv_lib_dcethreads_pthread_create" = "no"
   -o "$with_mit_threads" = "yes"

The same thing must be changed for line 436.

Monty

PS: Is DCE threads really Posix? If not you should use libpthread or
    libc.a
PSS: For specific porting questions about AIX, direct your questions
     directly to me.