List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: mysql: mysql on hpux
From:       Peter Holzer <hjp () wsr ! ac ! at>
Date:       1997-02-27 11:12:47

Welliver, H.William wrote:

>I'm wondering if anyone has tried and had any sucess running mysql on
>hpux 9. I've got a potential client that has an hp system and would love
>to run mysql. I'm not sure if hpux has any thread capability (I'm
>guessing not)

I think HP-UX 9 has posix compatible user-level threads as part of the
DCE package. HP-UX 10 has user-level threads and kernel-level threads
are either in 10.20 or will be in 10.30.

I haven't tried compiling mysql, though.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer             | If I were God, or better yet
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR                | Linus, I would ...
__/   | http://wsrx.wsr.ac.at/~hjp/ |        (davidsen@tmr.com)