List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: mysqld_multi
From:       Reindl Harald <h.reindl () thelounge ! net>
Date:       2017-05-31 23:02:44

Am 01.06.2017 um 00:01 schrieb Matthew Black:
> I DON'T RUN SYSTEMD, so that's not an option. At all. Why is that so hard to grasp?

then just clone the sysvinit script as i have done years ago before
syetemd on dozens of machines without ever touch mysqld_multi - why is
that so hard to grasp?

> Where do I enter the command "create table database" when mysqld isn't running? It \
> isn't possible to launch mysqld when there's no database directory or initialized \
> database.

*that* was missing from the very begin but still RTFM
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysql-install-db.html

in my google search field is nothing more than "mysql init database"

and guess what - when you have *somewhere* a running instance you can
just shut it down, rsync the "mysql" folder from the datadir to the new
instance and just fire it up - that's how i clone and init mysqld
instances since 15 years, i explained that already

> You fail to grasp my problem and your answers are completely unhelpful

you fail to describe your problem properly

> > they don't behave anything different if you have a single server
>
> Really? With mysqld_multi, each mysqld daemon listens on a separate port. Each \
> database instance gets its own environment that database administrators control \
> WITHOUT INTERFERING with other database instances. In single-server environment, \
> the server listens only on port 3306 and all databases run on that one port; it is \
> not possible to shutdown individual databases, only ALL databases.

tell me something new - but there is no difference how you connect to a
databaseserver - just host/port or host/socket - so what