List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: tcmalloc mysql 5.7.14
From:       "Machiel Richards" <machiel () seworx ! co ! za>
Date:       2017-05-16 12:56:12

Hi Shawn

   Thank you for the response.

    I have in fact in the meantime installed jemmalloc libraries on a few
servers and the issue with the memory is definitely gone when using
jemmalloc library.

     I do still feel this is a bug though , as I am only able to produce
this issue when using mysql 5.7 on ubuntu using the system memory
libraries.

   Using other libraries like jemmalloc now seems to work 100% again, and
in previous versions of mysql on same OS , using system libraries also
works 100%.

     This issue I have is only present when using mysql 5.7.

      I have logged this as a bug, however simply got a reply that it is
not a bug.

      but all the other tests as well as the new jemmalloc was all tested
on the same machine and OS.

      Thank you for all the assistance though...

Regards