List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: password problem
From:       Reindl Harald <h.reindl () thelounge ! net>
Date:       2015-07-31 14:30:04

Am 31.07.2015 um 16:23 schrieb Martin Mueller:
> Dear Mr Harald,
>
> I've learned some things from your responses and even more from shawn
> green's. You might learn a lot from him about patience and courtesy, which
> make life on a technical forum a lot easier. You clearly know a lot about
> technical stuff, but you're short on patience, and it would help you a lot
> to practice a little courtesy and refrain from vulgar language.

well, i am developer and sysadmin, not a politican

my first response pointed again to the docs and quotet that:
 >>> Resetting the Root Password: Generic Instructions
 >>> Stop the MySQL server if necessary, then restart it
 >>> with the --skip-grant-tables option

https://www.google.at/search?q=skip-grant-tables would have flooded you
with informations

P.S.: on the right side of the docs page is a "Section Navigation" with
a link
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/resetting-permissions.html#resetting-permissions-generic