List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: Specking a small MySQL server
From:       Johan De Meersman <vegivamp () tuxera ! be>
Date:       2014-12-09 15:44:46

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Richard Reina" <gatorreina@gmail.com>
> Subject: Specking a small MySQL server
>
> somewhat of an energy hog and is due to be replaced. I was considering
> replacing it with a lap-top so as to conserve energy and because a laptop
> has a built in battery backup. Currently I have a couple of laptops running

For a long time, my go-to recommendation for reliable laptops would've been \
thinkpads; but I haven't had any experience with the new chinese versions.

I've been pretty happy with my (employer-issued) HP ProBooks, but that' a sample of \
one, of course :-)

One thing to keep in mind for your particular usage, though, is that consumer drives, \
and, especially, laptop drives, are not designed for 24/7 operation. I would strongly \
recommend to go for SSD storage even if you don't need the speed, as those at least \
don't have moving parts.

/johan