List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: table-for-column
From:       Peter Brawley <peter.brawley () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2014-11-27 22:25:46

On 2014-11-27 9:31 AM, hsv@tbbs.net wrote:
> Why do you call it a hack, you get outta bed on the wrong side?
> <<<<<<<<
> Doesn't really belong on the list; but I'd love to hear reasonable arguments why \
> that would be a bad thing in and of itself. Why is it that webdevs are so \
> condescending about tables?
Excellent question (though not for this list).

Re how our MySQL tips aggregator page was written: I think the only
relevant MySQL point may be that it's driven by an edge list model of a
hierarchy implemented in a pair of MySQL tables.

I wonder if anyone knows why sites like Stack Overflow and those of ours
I mentioned are seeing more volume, while this list and all MySQL fora
are seeing much, much less.

PB