List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: MySQL 5.5.33 History list not purging?
From:       Brad Heller <brad () cloudability ! com>
Date:       2014-09-11 22:55:21

So I've done some more digging on this.

   1. Upgraded to MySQL 5.5.37
   2. Made sure we didn't have any old/long running transactions--nothing
   more than a few seconds.
   3. Did a dump/reload in to a new DB and started with an empty history
   list. A few days later, we're back up over 3mil in the list.

We're currently writing about 50MB/s to that machine. Is it possible the
purge thread just...can't keep up for some reason? How can I get better
visibility in to how quickly the purge thread is working vs. how many undo
entries are being put in the thread?

Thanks,

*Brad Heller *| Director of Engineering | Cloudability.com | 541-231-1514 |
Skype: brad.heller | @bradhe <http://www.twitter.com/bradhe> | @cloudability
<http://www.twitter.com/cloudability>

We're hiring! https://cloudability.com/jobs
<http://www.cloudability.com/jobs>