List:       mysql
Subject:    RE: ndb_restore is not restoring users and grants
From:       "Stillman, Benjamin" <BStillman () Limitedbrands ! com>
Date:       2012-10-31 13:42:46

By default, the mysql users/privileges tables are MyISAM, not ndbcluster. ndb_mgm \
backup won't backup anything other than ndbcluster  tables. The \
--restore-privilege-tables only works if you've converted those user and privileges \
tables to ndbcluster.

From the manual: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-cluster-programs-ndb-restore.html#option_ndb_restore_restore-privilege-tables

"--restore-privilege-tables

ndb_restore does not by default restore distributed MySQL privilege tables (MySQL \
Cluster NDB 7.2.0 and later). This option causes ndb_restore to restore the privilege \
tables.

This works only if the privilege tables were converted to NDB before the backup was \
taken."

I have been using this setup and it works well: \
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysql-cluster-privilege-distribution.html

It basically creates backups of the user and privileges tables, then converts them to \
ndbcluster. This allows you to back them up through ndb_mgm and also allows you to \
use the same users/privileges across all the SQL nodes in the cluster. Hope this \
helps.