List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: A Simple Query Help
From:       Igor Shevtsov <nixofortune () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-04-22 21:45:27

Hi Rafael,
You can try using correlated subquery instead of outer join. This can be slow with \
big tables though:

SELECT * FROM users WHERE accept_email = 1 and email not in (SELECT email FROM \
                sent_emails WHERE sent_emails
.email = users.email AND messageID NOT LIKE = ‘XXXXXX’)

OR OUTER JOIN as a better option:

SELECT u.* FROM users AS u OUTER LEFT JOIN sent_emails AS se USING (email) where \
u.accept_email = 1 AND se.messageID NOT LIKE = ‘XXXXXX’ AND se.email IS NULL

Thanks,
Egor

SELECT * FROM sent_emails WHERE email in (SELECT email FROM users WHERE accept_email \
= 1) AND messageID NOT LIKE = ‘XXXXXX’