List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: syntax to create a user called starsky
From:       Chris Tate-Davies <chris.tatedavies () inflightproductions ! com>
Date:       2012-02-29 12:45:48

On 29/02/12 12:38, Brown, Charles wrote:
> Hello,
> Can someone give me syntax to create a user called starsky and password hutch with \
>                 the following objectives:
> - user the minimum to run back scripts
> - user has the minimum to lock tables
> - user has the minimum to do SELECT on tables
>
> Thx

> This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and
> may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.
>
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.
>
> If you have received this communication in error, please erase
> all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us
> immediately.
>
> Thank you.

You should read these pages:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/create-user.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/grant.html

CREATE USER 'starsky'@'domain/ipaddress' IDENTIFIED BY 'hutch';
GRANT SELECT,LOCK TABLES ON database.* TO 'starsky'@'domain/ipaddress';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

When you say run back scripts, what does that mean? What sort of scripts?

PS. IMO hutch is terrible choice of password for a user called starsky!

--

*Chris Tate-Davies*

*Software Development*
Inflight Productions Ltd
Telephone: 01295 269 680
15 Stukeley Street | London | WC2B 5LT
*Email:*chris.tatedavies@inflightproductions.com
<mailto:chris.tatedavies@inflightproductions.com>
*Web:*www.inflightproductions.com <http://www.inflightproductions.com/>

Registered Office: 15 Stukeley Street, London WC2B 5LT, England.
Registered in England number 1421223

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, \
proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, \
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the \
email by you is prohibited. Please note that the information provided in this e-mail \
is in any case not legally binding; all committing statements require legally binding \
signatures.

http://www.inflightproductions.com