List:       mysql
Subject:    2 masters problem.
From:       Changying Li <lchangying () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-29 8:32:04

Hi.
I setup two masters to replicatin with each other, say A and B.
A's server id is 1, B's id is 2.
then because of some reason, I must change A's server id to 11. I do
it by changing options in my.cnf and restaring mysql sever.
but a problem happened: A and be make up a LOOP.
that is, when A write its sql to binlog, it think its server-id as 1,
but when it execute binlog copyed from B, it think its sever-id as
11. so sql is executed again and again.

My question is: what's the proper way to change server's server-id ?
why don't its server id change?

--

Thanks & Regards

Changying Li