List:       mysql
Subject:    RE: Help needed
From:       "Jerry Schwartz" <jschwartz () the-infoshop ! com>
Date:       2008-05-13 17:31:06

I suggest you check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UUID. It seems to have
a pretty current, but not overwhelming, explanation. Originally the starting
point for a UUID was the MAC (hardware) address of the network interface.
Theoretically, there should only be one device with any particular MAC
address in the whole world. There are exceptions, but they would be
mistakes.

For your purposes, you can assume that it is a unique string of 32
hexadecimal digits.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.