List:       mysql
Subject:    Question regarding innodb tables
From:       "Erich C. Beyrent" <erich.beyrent () beyrent ! net>
Date:       2008-01-31 17:54:53

I have a question regarding the innodb_file_per_table configuration
option.  We currently do not have this enabled, so our ibdata1 file is huge.

Is it recommended that we have this configured to store the tables in
their own files?  What are the performance implications of doing this,
especially on high-volume sites?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

-Erich-