List:       mysql
Subject:    Connection time out/slow response from server
From:       "Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET" <ml () t-b-o-h ! net>
Date:       2007-05-30 22:11:09

Hi,

        Running 4.1.22 created from FreeBSD ports on FreeBSD 5.5 .

        I run under TCP Wrappers. Even if 1 foreign machine attempts
to contact us on the tcp port, the database becomes incredibly sluggish
or unresponsive at all.

	Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening?
I'm using TCPWrappers to help control access to the database instead
of going to firewall rules. I'd rather not do this, defeats what
TCPWrappers was all about.

                Thanks, Tuc