List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: mysql connections - how to stop flooding?
From:       "Brent Baisley" <brenttech () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-30 13:08:49

My first guess would be that you have a MyISAM table that gets hit with a long \
running query which locks the table. When that  happens, all other queries start \
queueing up and connections will rise as new queries come in. Once the long running \
query finishes,  all the other queued queries run and finish and then connections \
drop. I'm sure why Apache hits 100% cpu usage, although if my first guess is correct, \
then the Apache box has just as many connections  open as the db box.