List:       mysql
Subject:    Categories of Users and Privileges
From:       "Kebbel, John" <John.Kebbel () Indian-river ! k12 ! fl ! us>
Date:       2007-04-27 14:44:40

	Up to this point, I have controlled MySQL privileges from Perl or PHP pages. All connections to the database used the same MySQL login. Ordinary users used  pages that strictly controlled selections, insertions, or updates. Administrators/Developers used password-protected pages that allowed deletions and broader selections, insertions, and updates.	While reading and studying for the MySQL certification exam, I began thinking about controlling privileges from within MySQL by having different pages using different MySQL logins.	I have a lot of resources that explain how to grant privileges, but does anyone know of a resource that discusses categories of users and the pros/cons of the various privileges that should be assigned to them?