List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: storing images in the database
From:       86.129.111.99
Date:       2006-10-30 10:48:53

Hi,

In my honest opinion, uploading the image to a "preset" directory in the
code, and setting the code to submit the image name, extension, and if
needs be (it shouldnt, because you can set it in the HTML), the
directory. Google has a lot of useful resources on this.

But, if you are really "desperate" to do it using the BLOB type,
http://www.wellho.net/solutions/php-example-php-form-image-upload-store-in-mysql-database-retreive.html
was a help to me when I first started learning.

Hope this helps,

Richard Harris
PHP, MYSQL, XHTML, CSS
rh@richardharris.eu