List:       mysql
Subject:    Using a SP return value
From:       "Martin Lancaster" <martin.lancaster () virgin ! net>
Date:       2006-06-29 21:01:48

Hi all,

I have a couple of stored procedures where SP1 is calling SP2.

SP2 has a return value which I need for SP1 to continue processing the data.

The relevant bit of SP1 looks like this:

mlCounter = 12;

call SP2(mlCounter, return_val);

Relevant bits of SP2 look like:

CREATE PROCEDURE `SP2`( IN fromSP1 int (11), OUT valueToReturn int (11))
set valueToReturn = fromSP1 + 10;

In SP1, I have tried doing

set mlReturn_Value = call SP2(mlCounter, return_val);

but, on saving, I get a MySQL syntax error. Doing various Googles have not
revealed the answer.

How do I get the return value from SP2 into an SP1 variable which I can
then continue to use in SP1??

Thanks in advance.

Martin

    martin.lancaster@virgin.net