List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: mysqldump and foreign keys
From:       202.180.108.241
Date:       2006-04-27 7:46:35

Nico Rittner wrote:

> Hi Frank
>
>> what I meant was: are you sure that the tables which are in your database
>> are defined correctly, i.e. have the actions?
> Yes, if i try to delete or update a record which is referenced by another
> i get mysql error #1217 , which should be correct.
>
>> might have been "lost" somewhere. Can you post the statement which has
>> been used to create the groups table in the first place.
>
> First, i created them without foreign key clauses. After that i added
> them using 'alter table', but i think this does not matter.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Nico

Hi Nico,

the 1217 error means that your foreign key constraints are working, but not
necessarily that the action clauses are defined properly (or at all).
Anyway, either I don't get what your problem really is, or there is
something wrong with 4.1.13. I've tried an "on delete" clause on 4.1.14 and
it worked fine (also using alter table to add the foreign key). Maybe you
can upgrade your server?
If you want to, I can try the steps you've used to create the tables. Just
post the SQL or send it to me.

Cheers
Frank