List:       mysql
Subject:    VIEW not working with myODBC in XP and Access 2003
From:       "Daevid Vincent" <daevid () daevid ! com>
Date:       2006-04-26 23:45:00

I have a critical problem that I hope there is a simple solution for.

I've just spent a couple days converting a very messy "hack" to populate a
table using a much more elegant VIEW solution now.

Everything is going great, except now the whole point of this VIEW is so
that people using MS Access (or other ODBC) can use the VIEW.

It doesn't work!?!

I've followed all of this:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/msaccess-setup.html

I can import/link any other non-VIEW table.

I've given FULL permissions to my ODBC user in mysql.mysql.user (and other
appropriate) places just in case.

Access pops up an error box that says "Could not execute query; could not
find linked table"

I'm using these versions:

Windows XP
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/3.51.html

root@daevid111:/lockdown# mysql --version
mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.15, for pc-linux-gnu (i686) using readline 4.3