List:       mysql
Subject:    /var/lib/mysql/ directory permission
From:       Arnel Pastrana <arnelgp () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-02-28 3:39:56

I finally ended up removing and installing back my mysql since i have
to success retrieving my mysql root password.

Now I am putting my databases back.  It shows an error something that
it couldn't write unto file already exists.  What I did I change the
permission of the directory like this chmod -R 777  /vaar/lib/mysql/
database.  After doing this my applications work perfectly.

Now my question is how can I put that permission to the original
permission of the that database that mysql will be able to write
again I know it is not that fully permitted.?

Thank you.

:' ' ' ' ':   Arnel G. Pastrana
:    :'     :  arnelgp@gmail.com
".   ` '`
   `-  Debian - when you have better things to do than fixing a system.