List:       mysql
Subject:    RE: returning empty columns
From:       "Price, Randall" <randallp () vt ! edu>
Date:       2006-02-28 14:54:40

Chris,

See if this works for you:

SELECT
        ' ' as 'Call'
      , concat(FName, ' ', LName) as Name
      , ' ' as 'Mar-6'
      , ' ' as 'Mar-13'
      , ' ' as 'Mar-20'
      , ' ' as 'Mar-27'
FROM
      table
ORDER BY
      LName, FName

Notice that there is a single blank space being returned for the Call,
Mar-6, Mar-13, Mar-20, Mar-27 columns.  I tried returning null as well
as an empty string (i.e., '') but those did NOT give me column headings.

Hope this helps.

Randall Price
VT.SETI.IAD.MIG:Microsoft Implementation Group
http://vtmig.vt.edu
Randall.Price@vt.edu