List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: Backup / Restore database with foreign keys
From:       Daniel Kasak <dkasak () nusconsulting ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-09-30 1:43:34

Michael Stassen wrote:

> Before loading the file,
>
>   SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 0;
>
> after loading the file,
>
>   SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS = 1;

That's it! Thanks :)

> Even better, upgrade to a newer mysql (4.1.1+), where they are
> automatically added to the dump file for you.

Not until the client libraries are ready. I don't feel 'right' about
hacking up the place with --old-password options and such. Also, my
Gentoo server ( stable branch ) insists that 4.0.x is the latest that I
can expect to install without breaking things. After doing some testing
on my workstation, I tend to agree - getting everything compiled against
4.1.x is a major pain, and certainly not something I'm about to do at
the moment with no real advantages on offer - I'm just likely to break
something and be very sorry. Once all the questions about:

>Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

have died down, *then* it's time to upgrade the server.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer