List:       mysql
Subject:    DATE problem
From:       René_Fournier <m5 () renefournier ! com>
Date:       2005-02-01 20:38:12

I'm trying to count rows that were added today. The column that I am
counting on is in DATETIME format, so there are hours and minutes and
seconds recorded, but I only need to check the date....

$sql =	"SELECT
			COUNT(table.id)
		FROM table
		WHERE table.created = NOW()";

$num = mysql_result(mysql_query($sql),0);

The problem with this is that unless the record was added at precisely
the same time as NOW()—which never happens—no rows are returned. Is
there a way I can round off table.created to just a DATE, then compare
it to CURDATE()??  I've been reading DATE Format functions, but am not
sure how to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

...René

---