List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: Tunning Problem
From:       "Ronan Lucio" <ronanl () videosoft ! com ! br>
Date:       2004-11-30 17:46:16

Sasha,

> Ronan:
>
> InnoDB complains it cannot allocate memory. With your configuration you
are
> likely to run out of memory:
>
> You are telling InnoDB to allocate at least 256 MB + 20 MB for the buffer
pool.
> On top of that, you are telling MyISAM to use 384 MB for the key buffer.
So this
> is already over 700 MB. Then you start connecting. Each time you connect,
you
> have some overhead on the order of a few megabytes. Times 55, and you can
easily
> eat up the remaining 300 MB. Also, mysqld is probably not the only process
on
> the system.

Hmmm, you´re right.
Thanks for clearify my thoughts.

A good tunning seems to be a hard task.

The MySQL manual page says:
-----------------------
# Set buffer pool size to 50-80% of your computer's memory,
# but make sure on Linux x86 total memory usage is < 2GB
-----------------------
(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/InnoDB_configuration.html)

for a computer with 2 Gb of memory, and in some tunning docs that
I´ve been looking I´ve found this:
-----------------------
If you have much memory (>=256M) and many tables and want maximum
performance with a moderate number of clients, you should use something like
this:
shell> safe_mysqld -O key_buffer=64M -O table_cache=256 \
           -O sort_buffer=4M -O record_buffer=1M
&-----------------------(http://www.tnt.uni-hannover.de/print/plain/soft/dat
abase/MySQL/Docs/manual_Performance.html)
If you know a good documentation about it or if you have suggestions
how can I improve my configuration, please tell me.

Thank you very much