List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: [PHP-DB] Upgrading mySQL
From:       Ingo =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Str=FCwing?= <ingo () mysql ! com>
Date:       2004-11-30 11:01:01

Hi,

your question suggests that you have installed MySQL already. Just
install the upgrade in the same way. Start reading at chapter 2.2.

If you got MySQL pre-installed with your operating system, you will need
an upgrade from your distributor anyway. The paths built in the official
MySQL binaries will most probable not match your distribution.

Am Mo, den 22.11.2004 schrieb GH um 22:02:
> What I have been asking for... is that the upgrade does not tell me
> *HOW* to install this upgrade. WHich file I should download etc.... I
> do not see this under the UPGRADE section... That is what I have been
> asking....
>
> Also, it says on the manual (section 2.10) ""It is a good idea to
> rebuild and reinstall the Perl DBD::mysql module
> whenever you install a new release of MySQL. The same applies to other
> MySQL interfaces as well, such as the PHP mysql extension and the
> Python MySQLdb module. "    However I do not know how to do this and
> was asking how to for PHP 4.
>

> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:55:25 +0100, Ingo Strüwing <ingo@mysql.com> wrote:
> > Hi GH,
> >
> > apart of the contents of the mentioned documents and hints, there is
> > nothing else. Just start the new server in place of the old server with
> > the same options unless told otherwise in the mentioned documents.
> >
> > Am Mo, den 15.11.2004 schrieb GH um 15:06:
> >

> > > when I go to both 2.10 Upgrading MySQL
> > > (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Upgrade.html) and  2.10.2 Upgrading
> > > from Version 4.0 to 4.1
> > > (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Upgrading-from-4.0.html) it does
> > > not tell me how to upgrade it only tells me about important changes
> > > and recomendation. I am looking for a guide of what commands I need to
> > > use and so forth. As I said in the inital mailing I made, "I am a
> > > newbie to Linux".
> > >
> > > It also says that
> > > "It is a good idea to rebuild and reinstall the Perl DBD::mysql module
> > > whenever you install a new release of MySQL. The same applies to other
> > > MySQL interfaces as well, such as the PHP mysql extension and the
> > > Python MySQLdb module. " [But now how to]
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ingo
> > --
> > Ingo Strüwing, Senior Software Developer
> > MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
> > Office: +49 30 43672407
> >
> > Are you MySQL certified?  www.mysql.com/certification

Regards,