List:       mysql
Subject:    Compiling 4.0.22 source including some 4.1.x functions
From:       Jose_Miguel_Pérez <admin () lmental ! com>
Date:       2004-11-30 8:21:37

Hi all!

    I would like to know if it's possible to compile a custom 4.0.22 server
including some functionality from 4.1.x source tree. The functionality I
would like to include it's neither critical nor substantial. Basically, what
I would like to include is the COMPRESS / UNCOMPRESS functions (which I
suppose I can include them even as UDF functions).

    Please, anyone could give me advice on that?

    Cheers,
    Jose Miguel.