List:       mysql
Subject:    optimize table - OK to abort?
From:       Dennis T Cook <DennisCook () comcast ! net>
Date:       2004-05-31 23:09:54

I've been running OPTIMIZE TABLE on a MyISAM table with an index on two
varchar type columns. The process status shows as "Repair with
keycache". The table has 73 million rows. OPTIMIZE TABLE has
been running for several days with constant disk activity but low cpu
usage and no way to estimate whether it's any where close to finishing.
If I abort the mysql process doing the optimization, will the table or
the index be damaged? The system is a development system and is really
sluggish while the optimize is going on.
--
Dennis T.Cook