List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: [MySQL] Re: Stop Scrolling
From:       "Ashley M. Kirchner" <ashley () pcraft ! com>
Date:       2004-05-31 21:48:29

Rhino wrote:

>>Ultimately simple, but I don't find the answer:  how to stop a list from
>>scrolling to the bottom when the command SHOW TABLES is entered.
>>
>I was wondering that myself so I took a look in the manual and found
>something promising: pager. See
>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/mysql_Commands.html
>

    > mysql -p [database]
    Enter password:
    mysql> pager more;
    PAGER set to more
    mysql> select * from [table];
    ...data...
    ...data...
    --More--

    You can use 'less', or 'more', or whatever other pager you want to use.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@pcraft.com>   .   303.442.6410 x130