List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: Problems with mysql
From:       Victor Medina <vmedina () puntoweb ! com>
Date:       2004-02-29 21:49:52

Two things first, first of all you obviously don't have mysql correctly
installed, message "a" means mysql dead unexpectedly while trying to
start, mysql cannot start. Why? I just don't know you didn't detailed
your install procedure. Message "b" means that you cannot connect to the
db because message "a". No server is listening on default port or in the
default socket. Now... what to do?
1.- Download a more recently mysql version, latest is .18
2.- Check your install procedure and find out the correct procedure at:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Quick_Standard_Installation.html, installing
mysql is more that simply running the installer (HINT: don't use the
installer, use the zip, it is easier to manage)
3.- Would you mind detailing your install procedure, in a step-by-step
fashion so we can better help you?

Best Regards!