List:       mysql
Subject:    Innodb  Hot backup
From:       "Ansari, Raza \(GEI, GEFA\)" <Raza.Ansari () ge ! com>
Date:       2004-02-27 22:56:02

Egor,
  If I write a script myself that backup .frm, .ibd and all log files, how good that \
backup will be? Idea is not to shutdown the server though. Also I am using Innodb \
tables, and mysqlhotcopy will not for Innodb. Innodb Hot backup tool works, but I \
would prefer some free tool to do so.

Writing a script to backup .ibd and logfiles shouldn't be that bad, but just wanted \
to make sure if that will be an ideal backup as in online documentation it said this \
is the right way to do if you able to shut down the server.

I know this question was asked numerous times in the list before, but i wasn't able \
to narrow it down to a single solution. If you know any other alternative please let \
me know.

Thanks
Raza