List:       mysql
Subject:    Help with long REPAIR table
From:       "Tom Mattison" <tom.mattison () econtechnologies ! com>
Date:       2003-05-30 20:07:03

Grettings!  I'm new to the list, and I hope this isn't off-topic.  I've got
a MyISAM table that is about 3.3 GB in size.  The index is around 4.7GB.  I
started a REPAIR TABLE nnn QUICK last Sunday in a mysql session, and its
still running.  The index keeps getting updated, but I can't tell if it is
near completion or not.  It's bringing other database operations to a crawl
& we need to get back to normal ASAP.

We have other problems...low disk space, and only 512MB of RAM.  We'll be
rectifying those problems as soon as this REPAIR completes....if it ever
completes.

Is there any way to tell how far along a REPAIR has gotten?  Is it possible
to interrupt the command, maybe by shutting down the database?  Would that
just put me in a position to REPAIR again after upgrading disk & RAM?
Should it even take this long on a database of this size?

TIA for any info/help you can lend..
Regards,
tom.