List:       mysql
Subject:    RE: Suggestion
From:       "B. van Ouwerkerk" <bvo () atz ! nl>
Date:       2003-04-22 6:05:06

Then you must be using a specialy created version.. just for you..

All other Eudora users seem to understand this:
tools->filters->new
any headers contain->mysql@lists.mysql.com transfer to: mysqlmailbox

>  If they don't want to give out free tech support, then wrote better,
> more user friendly software!

MySQL is very user-friendly.

>  I find the tutorials a waste of my time and non of their GUIs do what
> they say they do!

I have found a great GUI for mysql. It's running on the Linux box and I
always use it. Calling it is easy.. just mysql -u root -p and I hit the
enter key. In case you wonder, I'm using VIM as the GUI to code my projects..

>  I DEMAND EVERYBODY BOYCOTT MYSQL BECAUSE IT IS A WASTE OF OUR TIME!

Do you like M$SQL (paying $$$$$$) better.. then GO GO GO GO. But before you
do, read this message first.

Let's cut the crap. You wrote you are a newbie then first learn the basics
of the OS you need/want to use.

>Finally! I've been waiting for how long for a reply? These people that do
>know what they're doing arn't fast. I don't like lists flooding my inbox.

Don't forget this is a FREE list. All the support you get here comes as is
and without you paying anything. That's why you shouldn't demand for support.
You're pissing off the very ppl you need to get you up and running, not a
smart move my friend. You're behaviour is equal to that of a 12 y. old kid
who doesn't get help to play with his new toy.

I don't know mandrake and I certainly want to keep it that way, I'm using
Slackware..
If you don't get a reply then it might be because:
- nobody knows the answer
- you don't provide enough information
- they think you should RTFM
- other reasons

If you want to try to install from source then you will find a great
article at www.devshed.com

B.