List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: Suggestion
From:       John Seth <johnseth () phoenixwing ! com>
Date:       2003-04-22 0:11:21

I use standard email clients, on Windoze I use Outlook Express, and on
Linux, I use Mozilla 1.3.  Both clients provide mail filtering.  I
created a folder below my inbox and set the CLIENT mail filters to sort
the email based on this: if mysql@lists.mysql.com is contained in TO: or
CC: put it my "mysql-list" folder.  I do this alot since I'm on at least
10 different mailing lists.  Yah I may personally agree that seeing
[MySQL List] would be nice, it's not essential.

When I'm away, I connect using SquirrelMail (insert your own webmail
interface) which also has sorting capabilities... I may see both sides
of the "story", but filtering is available, any "decent" mail filter can
filter based on headers, or the fact that the TO: and CC: lines usually
contain mysql@lists.mysql.com...

I'm over it...