List:       mysql
Subject:    RE: RE: date column
From:       Tewfic Kidess <tewfic () okss ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 21:21:09

-----Original Message-----
From: mysql@lists.mysql.com [mailto:mysql@lists.mysql.com]
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 6:21 PM
To: Tewfic Kidess

Your message cannot be posted because it appears to be either spam or
simply off topic to our filter. To bypass the filter you must include
one of the following words in your message:

sql,query

If you just reply to this message, and include the entire text of it in the
reply, your reply will go through. However, you should
first review the text of the message to make sure it has something to do
with MySQL. Just typing the word MySQL once will be sufficient, for example.

You have written the following:

Hello, I have a table that keeps track of people and their office visits.
This table will have duplicates since people will visit the office more than
once...

How can I get a list of people and the most recent time they've visited the
office?

Currently, I use
select * from table_name where date < '2002-06-18';
but that gives me a list that includes duplicate people, if I use 'group by
name' it give me the first listing of that person, which may not be the most
recent...

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.