List:       mysql
Subject:    Installation
From:       weng celzo <rcie07 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-05-28 23:15:11

Thanks for your prompt reply!
Egor Egorov

actually i alrdy followed the manual..the error is
whenever i type in the command prompt -> mysqld-nt
-install FAILURE TO START SERVICE is the error i
encounter.. but if i run type net start mysql its
alrdy started.

This is the only problem that ive encountered and i
think this is the reason why i cant view my PHP file
in IE properly..

Ma.,
Tuesday, May 28, 2002, 7:09:37 AM, you wrote:

MRC> hi! im a newbie.. ive installed both mysql and
php
MRC> under windows 2000.. and ive tried the command
MRC> mysqld-nt -install.. and it didnt work, only the
net
MRC> start mysql worked.. and i cant run php or browse
in
MRC> IE ..

Can you provide more info about what exactly doesn't
work?