List:       mysql
Subject:    Re: deadlock - Innodb Monitor
From:       Heikki Tuuri <Heikki.Tuuri () innobase ! inet ! fi>
Date:       2001-10-31 22:57:10

Gisella,

sorry, the printout in InnoDB Monitor is
ambiguous in its words: non-debug version
there means a version not compiled with

#define UNIV_SYNC_DEBUG

in univ.i

The monitor in .44 does not use the ambiguous
term any more.

But you do not need semaphore info, only user
lock info. When I spoke about a "semaphore"
row I used apostrophes because it does the
job of a "semaphore" though it is actually
about user locks.

Locks set in transactions are user locks.
Semaphores are internal guards set by the
C/C++ code in InnoDB and MySQL.

Regards,

Heikki