List:       mysap-linux-general
Subject:    Re: Job scheduler & stored procedures
From:       derek () netsimple ! net
Date:       2006-06-15 15:18:09

You need to write a program that executes the stored procedure. You can =
schedule
the program via SM36 or SCMA.

In the program you need to use EXEC SQL statement to pass the 'raw' SQL =
call
through to the database.

Looking at the help for EXEC SQL, there is an example to call a DB proce=
dure:

[quote]

EXEC SQL - EXECUTE

Syntax
EXEC SQL.
  EXECUTE PROCEDURE proc ( IN    p_in1    IN    p_in2 ...,
                           OUT   p_out1   OUT   p_out2 ...,
                           INOUT p_inout1 INOUT p_inout2 ... )
ENDEXEC.

Effect
In database systems, you can define procedures as so-called "stored proc=
edures".
Since the syntax for calling such procedures and the pertinent parameter
transfer for various database systems can vary widely, a uniform command=
 exists
in Native SQL.

The statement EXECUTE PROCEDURE calls a procedure proc stored in the dat=
abase.
For all formal parameters of the procedure, you must specify the actual
parameters, separated by commas. You must specify IN, OUT or INOUT befor=
e every
actual parameter, in order to indicate whether the parameter is an input=
,
output, or input/output parameter. You can use literals or Host Variable=
labeled by a colon(:)for the actual parameters.

[/quote]

HTH.

--
Kind regards,
Derek Colley

Quoting Borut Hafner <borut.hafner@enekom.si>:

> I can't find anything about scheduling a call to a stored procedure in
> SapDB.
> Is it posible or are there other ways to call a procedure on time basi=
s?
> Thanks!
>

> Regards
>    Borut Hafner

["2#Mime.822" (application/octet-stream)]
["GWAVADAT.TXT" (text/plain)]

AdmID:73FF07A5B8BE85E4551080CC6371E947