List:       mysap-linux-general
Subject:    Re: SAPDB 7.3 Build 28 for SLES8 -- where?
From:       Hauke Fath <hf () tangro ! de>
Date:       2003-02-28 17:11:00

Am 28.02.2003 um 9:42 Uhr +0100  schrub frank.schilling@sap.com:
>and what about downloading the CD from somewhere else
>in the Service Marketplace? I just checked the current
>CD set of SAP R/3 Enterprise (Installation) - and
>found CD Nr. 51018822, which should be the one you
>are looking for...

I'll take your word for it - let's just say that I trusted SAP to
ship slightly different DAPDB CDs for any of its servers.  ;)

Now if only I knew the difference between the 'SAP DB 7.3.0 (28) H,
N, R, S' and 'SAP DB 7.3.0 (28) A, T, L' images...

I finally resorted to what a list member called the 'trial and
horror' approach: Copy the SAPDB CD to disk and drop the content of a
build 32 archive into the appropriate directory. This worked half
way, after I had found out the hard way what to purge after removing
a database installation (not that this would be documented anywhere).

Current problem: How should the partitions for raw devices be sized?
Is there a 2GB limit similar to that for swap partitions?

Mine are 8 GB each, and while the retarded R3SETUP doesn't complain,
the install dies in starting the SAPDB.

	hauke

--
          Hauke Fath                      /~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
tangro software components gmbh          \ /    No HTML/RTF in email