List:       mysap-linux-general
Subject:    Supported distributions?
From:       "Tito Castro" <tito () vtr ! net>
Date:       2003-02-12 17:47:32

Hello everyone,
   I`ve tried to install the WAS 6.10 that came in the demo CDs mailed to
me several times following the requirements specified in the INSTALL file.
   The problem is that i just cannot make it run because it gets stuck in
the "cheking rfc destination" step,
   Well, I don`t expect help because I`m installing in Mandrake 8.1. But
my question is: In the documentation it is mentioned that the installation
is supported in Red Hat 7.1. Which is the main reason for this? Is it possible
to install in newer versions and still be compatible? or at list can i work
it around adding or updating libraries?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Greetings from Santiago, Chile.

Héctor Castro M.
tito@vtr.net

ps: by the way, i cannot afford Suse, since I?m still a student.
Héctor Castro Miravalles.
fono: 2-4752307
movil: 9-8404334
e-mail: tito@vtr.net, hcastro@uahurtado.cl