List:       mysap-linux-general
Subject:    Re: WAS 6.10 on Redhat 7.1
From:       "Venkatesh Nataraj" <knven () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-10-30 17:13:33

Hi Krisch

I finally figured out the problem. I did a

    rpm -ivvh --nodeps sapappsrv-sapdb-6.10-1.i386.rpm

and it showed me where exactly the script was erroring out . Apparently when
I upgraded from 7.0 to 7.1 the /etc/hosts files was backed up and the new
/etc/hosts file was created with no entries. That was the problem, once I
fixed that it flew thru and I was able to install my license as well. Sorry
about all that confusion.

Now I am trying to install the database server and I am getting the
following error :

Error : Database communication startup failed.

Do you happen to know what the problem is and how I could get around it. I
really appreciate your feedback. Thanks once again.

--Venky